the John W. and Rose E. Watson Foundation
The John W. and Rose E. Watson Foundation began in 1953. The Watsons valued Catholic education and the importance of a college degree. The scholarship grants were designed to assist diocesan Catholic high school graduates with their college education.
- In 1954, the first scholarships were awarded for $250.
- Through 2014, more than 2,550 students have received financial assistance.
- Annually, the Foundation awards more than $300,000 in scholarship grants.
- As of 2015, the scholarship grant was $3,000.
- Watson Scholarship alumni are encouraged to stay connected to the Foundation through this website and the Watson newsletter.
The John W. and Rose E. Watson Foundation offers scholarship grants for higher education. Seniors from Catholic high schools in the Diocese of Saginaw, Michigan, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Click on the "Applicant Sign In" tab on the menu bar to select the appropriate application process for your situation, either graduate or undergraduate applicant.
The Selection Committee requires a financial statement from parents and official transcripts.